Flower Painting

It’s not something I do very often, but I was asked to paint flowers for my last demo at Rickmansworth Art Club.

I used Jacksons/Two Rivers rough paper which, as an experiment, I prepared with a spray of acrylic varnish to make lifting paint easier. It worked, but at the cost of being unable to paint in layers.

Quite happy with the result; it came together really quickly and was almost finished within the first hour.

I used a very limited palette of Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre, Ultramarine and a little Cobalt Blue.

  

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Flower Painting

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s